Innovation of product
and service through Coway Trust
- Woongjin Coway pursues continuous product and service innovation
by bringing its 'passion' into our ‘nature’ to clean water and air.
Strengthen the Stability
in the Value Chain through Coway Trust
- We are committed to fulfilling our responsibility towards the safety
and reliability of our products and strive to build customers’ trust.
Social Consideration in
Product Development through Coway Trust
- We develop new products
by considering environmental issues and social changes.
- Become the first company to display water purifier in the National Science Museum in the industry in recognition of innovative technology- The CIROO Tankless Water Purifier to win the &ldquo2019 CES Innovation Award&rdquo &ldquo2018 New Technology Innovation Award&rdquo     Woongjin Coway&rsquos CIROO Tankless Water Purifier is displayed in the National Science Museum located in Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, in May 27. Woongjin Coway became the first company to display a product in the National Science Museum in the industry.The National Science Museum has been displaying Korea&rsquos representative innovative products in the science center with the aim of disseminating innovative technologies cultivating science talents. The CIROO Tankless Water Purifier was ed as a product to be displayed in recognition of innovative technologies including the CIROO filter.The CIROO Tankless Water Purifier, launched in June 2018, is an innovative product developed by combining the advantages of RO membrane filter direct water purification filter. Particularly, it is the only water purifier that supplies 30 times as much water despite maintaining the performance of RO membrane filter.The CIROO Tankless Water Purifier has been recognized for innovativeness at home abroad by winning the &ldquo2019 CES Innovation Award&rdquo at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show), &ldquo2018 Korea&rsquos New Technology Innovation Award,&rdquo &ldquo2018 Energy Winner Award.&rdquoApart from the CIROO Tankless Water Purifier, a transparent water purifier will be displayed in the museum. This transparent model shows entire water purification process water pipe faucet sterilization process through LED lights.Seung-cheol Lim, an acting director of the museum, said, &ldquoWe display Korea&rsquos representative innovative products including the CIROO Tankless Water Purifier in order to help visitors easily experience cutting-edge technologies. We are always proactive in collecting, preserving, researching, educating science technologies, contributing to the development of Korea&rsquos scientific culture.&rdquoHyung-kwon Kim, the head of Marketing Strategy Division, said, &ldquoThe exhibition of our product in the National Science Museum will give us a good chance to introduce disseminate our innovative water purification technologies to visitors. We will spare no effort to develop innovative technologies to become a global player.&rdquo   (2019.05.27)
- Surpassing six million accounts in Korea by integrating accounts of both companies- Creating synergy with over 1,400 rental business workforce of Woongjin Corporation- Taking over the business at a 25 discount per account value- No plan to acquire &ldquoEver Sky,&rdquo Turkish water purifier sales subsidiary of Woongjin Corporation   Woongjin Coway solidifies its unchallenged leading position in the health appliances market by acquiring the rental business of Woongjin Corporation. The company announced on May 17 that it will take over the rental business including customer accounts workforce as of June 30.It is expected that the acquisition will create synergy in attracting new customers enhancing product quality, technological competitiveness, service capability. The number of domestic customer accounts will exceed six million takeover of sales workforce will also contribute to attracting more new customers.The rental business of Woongjin Corporation started operation in March 2018 has launched innovative products such as &ldquoPebble Water Purifier&rsquo &ldquoTower Water Purifier.&rdquo The number of customer accounts surpassed ten thous in just 40 days thirty thous in three months. The rental business division has over 1,400 field players &ndash 700 service professionals 700 salespersons.Upon the completion of the acquisition, the number of customer accounts of Woongjin Coway will increase to more than four times that of the second player in the market. The number of field workforce will also exp to over 21,400 from existing about 20,000.A total of KRW 49.5 billion was invested in the takeover. The value per account was discounted by around 25 compared with that of Woongjin Coway (market capitalization/total accounts).Meanwhile, Woongjin Coway announced that it had no plan to acquire &ldquoEver Sky,&rdquo Turkish water purifier sales subsidiary of Woongjin Corporation.An official of an accounting firm specialized in M&A said &ldquoAs Woongjin Coway is engaging in rental business, it is reasonable to evaluate corporate value based on value per account. The takeover was conducted at a 25 discount per account value compared with that of Woongjin Coway, which was appropriate considering the br power, product quality, service competence.&rdquoHae-sun Lee, the CEO of Woongjin Coway, said, &ldquoThe acquisition of Woongjin Corporation&rsquos rental business allows us to further solidify our leading position in the domestic health appliances rental sales market. By creating synergy, we will continue our growth trend.&rdquo   (2019.05.19)
- Providing the underprivileged with air purifiers maintenance service for two years for free   Woongjin Coway singed an agreement aimed at protecting the underprivileged from environmental diseases with the Ministry of Environment Korea Environmental Industry Technology Institute on May 16.The agreement was arranged to improve living environment of the underprivileged by donating necessary products. Woongjin Coway has joined this project since last year.According to the agreement, Woongjin Coway will provide air purifiers essential for improving indoor air quality maintenance services including filter replacement for two years for free.Jae-seok Kim, the head of HR Support Office, said, &ldquoAs a leader in researching analyzing air quality related big data, Woongjin Coway is taking the lead in improving living environment of the underprivileged in partnership with the Ministry of Environment. We will continue to fulfill our social responsibilities.&rdquoBesides, Woongjin Coway is proactive in supplying clean water as well as improving indoor air quality. For example, the company signed an agreement to provide water purifiers to local people who are suffering from the shortage of drinkable water with Chuncheon Regional Government K-water in April 2019.   (2019.05.17)